Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Work

Why are people posting colors on facebook?


Possible Image 1


Possible Image 2


The answer to this question happens to do with breast cancer awareness. Women are posting their bra colors as their status' on Facebook as a way to remind other women to do self breast exams.
As an answer to these questions I photographed a couple images of actual bras. Another way of addressing this question was to take images of items that filled the entire frame with one color. I was the most intrigued with white. There are so many various shades and hues that still read as "white". I also considered the idea that the majority of bras are sold in white.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to see how far you are coming from the straight google questions to questions I could, and you, relate to. I wonder if the questions on google are more interesting because they aren't your views and you are exploring that OR if using questions you could relate to and explore open another realm of picture making and exploration? Good luck with your final images and I hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first interpretation because you are right, the question had to do with breast cancer awareness and it was for girls to post the color bra they were currently wearing. I think it's neat in that respect to have a colorful bra as the center focus of the picture.

    ReplyDelete