Thursday, January 7, 2010

How this is relevant


In the past I have created works using pre-made titles. A pre-made title is a title I create before I go out to shoot. When taking photographs I am searching for the image to fit the title. Working this way brings a new exciting element to the photography table. It also helps me keep a coherent theme throughout a series of photographs.
The first project I instituted the idea of pre-made titles, the titles were based upon thoughts, questions, and sentences floating around i
n my mind through out the course of a day.
The second use of pre-made titles was a work where the titles were some of my favorite song lyrics. I took images of people singing and paired the images with song lyrics that seemed to match the tone of the image.
For this project (yet to be named) I will use pre-made titles from Google search prompts as described in my prior post.

The images here are examples from my second pre-made titles project. The top right is titled 513 down his arm, deez nutz across his knuckles and Willy Wonka on his calf (2006)


When you're poor everywhere you go is the ghetto (2006)

Jim Leopold can't stop thinking about Rinnie Modzelewski
on motorcycle trips with his wife (2006)


I know a guy paralyzed from the waist down that drives a hand controlled car (2006)


Red vs. Green (the great debate) (2006)


Revelry, revelry! Wake up young campers. (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment